Friday, November 13, 2009

Our Sponsor Child

We got our letter in the mail today with little "Walter's" (Ling Qianjun) picture in it. He was born January 15 2009, so he is only 3 months younger than Care Bear. I know his special need is a Post Op Anal Atresia. I had no idea what that meant. I googled it and read that it is a birth defect where the rectum is malformed. He looks perfectly healthy to me!!

He's such a cutie! I looked through many pictures of children that needed to be sponsored and when I saw him, I just stopped and smiled. I'm not sure if it's the fact that he's sucking on a pink paci or that his little right eye turns in a bit like our Care Bears. Either way, we get to make his life a teensy bit better for a little while. Praise God! I can't wait to get updates every 4 months. I'll keep yall updated here as well. How could you not want to see pictuers of this guy?

And isn't this just too cute? I took a picture of the picture they sent me with my Web Cam and put a little Christmas background around it.. {hehe!} He's like our little Christmas present..or maybe we're his.

5 comments:

mel @ the larson lingo November 13, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

SO awesome!!!! Love it. His pink paci is precious! We have had a Compassion kid for 8 years.
Check out my blog post today & spread the word, it's a good cause!
http://thelarsonlingo.blogspot.com

Tara Anderson November 13, 2009 at 5:52 PM  

We sponsor a little girl with a Congenital Heart Defect at New Day Foster Home in Beijing. It's amazing how quickly they become part of your life! I think you're going to enjoy him immensely. :)

Christine November 13, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

I think that's wonderful. We sponsor 2 kids through World Vision. I picked a boy and a girl who were born on the same day as I miscarried my first baby. It's so much fun to get updates and pictures to see what kind of impact you're having on their lives. Bless you Kaycee for doing this. He is such a cutie!!!

Mama Bear November 13, 2009 at 6:28 PM  

he is just too cute!!!! What a blessing for you both to have found him!

Carrie November 15, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

Kaycee, you are so kind to do this!!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP