Friday, September 18, 2009

Give a Little to Get a Little

Yesterday was my first time to put a PrissyMiss Boutique Booth in a children's consignment sale. I have been going to this particular sale for a few years now. It is HUGE! I have always found amazing bargains on the girls clothes. You probably remember me posting some pictures of the clothes loot I have purchased there. I've always went on the second or third day when everything is picked over, but since I was doing a booth, I wanted in on the opening day!

I got there around 7:45am and it was already packed in that place! Some woman came over and told me there was a line out the door at 6:45am. Holy crazy shoppers batman! It totally reminded me of Black Friday. That warehouse was jammed packed with strollers, carseats, swings, cribs, walkers, dressers, headboards, toddler beds, movies, toys, slings/carriers, and more clothes than you could EVER imagine! It was like mommy heaven. I was itching to get out there the entire time I was selling Bows because I wanted to run out there and shop for my girls before everything was gone. And when I say gone, I mean gone! Women, especially pregnant women and the ones with newborns are like savages when it comes to boppys, moses baskets, and even cribs! It was the most fun thing to sit back and watch though. I did finally get to look around a little and i'm going back today, solely to shop.

There were 2 other Bow Vendors there, but we were all a little bit different so that was good. It's going to take me a while to remake all my stock. I did exceptionally well. It truly surprised me with there being other vendors. I'm so happy that so many women needed Bows because we were in need of some extra money with Care Bear's birthday coming up. I'm going to get a her a few Fall outfits and some soft soled shoes today. That'll be a little bit of her birthday from us.

The downside was that the booth rent was $100 for ONE day!! I did clear and exceed that, but it would have been so much nicer if the rent was around $40. I guess it's true that you have to give a little to get a little.

I was so busy from the moment I got there until it closed that I never got a chance to take a picture. I'm extremely bummed about that because I always take pics and I really liked my setup this time too. They also have a spring sale so i'll be doing it again..yay! My next show is Oct 10th. That's three weeks away so I have to start revamping the stock.

I really appreciate all of you that support me in doing this. It's so much fun for me and I love that other people enjoy my 'work.' =)

5 comments:

Brandi September 18, 2009 at 9:38 AM  

I love childerns consignment sales! I am in hog heaven at those things. $100 is alot of a booth for one day. But at least you made it back.

Mama Bear September 18, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

I always recommend you when my family and friends are looking for bows! I'm glad you did well!!

Unknown September 18, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

You are doing an amazing job with your bows! I will be asking for a custom one for my daughters cheerleading routine soon!

Janet September 18, 2009 at 3:13 PM  

Yay! So glad you did well and had fun. It sounds like a blast to watch the other women.

I totally agree about the fees to have booths. Sometimes they are ridiculous and I can't believe people pay those prices. I got a flyer in the mail this week for one that would cost $950!!!!! Uh, no thanks!!!!

Ashlee September 19, 2009 at 4:50 PM  

thanks for stopping by my blog! your little girls are SO pretty! I'm always up for new bloggy friends! :) :) The bows are adorable too! :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP