Saturday, September 19, 2009

Nutricious, I Think Not

We've had a fabulous weekend, thankyouverymuch. I know you were wondering ;) It's been a great family weekend.

Last night we headed back to the Chldren's Consignment sale to pick up the large items that I purchased yesterday morning{which was a lightweight stroller and ride on toy for Care Bear's birthday} I like those kind of nights. Husband comes home, everybody scrambles to get cleaned up and dressed nicely to head out, grab something to eat on the way, then arrive and have a good time! It was a good time to be had, in fact. There was a line of about 300 people out the door waiting for it to reopen at 7:00pm. Cuh-raziness! It was insanely jam packed with people..err savages{again} trying to find the best bargain. I cautiously looked for a few more items as C chased the wild thangs{hehe, poor guy!} I'll blog about my finds in a later post..so proud btw!

Then today, we spent the majority of the day cleaning our house. I hate the process, but I love the outcome! Nothing better than a clean house..ahh so relaxing! After it was finished, C and I cooked supper together as the girls played. We had fried catfish and goulash{sweet potatos, idaho potatos, cabbage, onions, garlic, carrots cooked in ollive oil in an iron skillet} Yum-O! Even Miss Priss made a happy plate!! =) We layed around for a little while, then decided to go rent a movie and get ice cream from Sonic.

{She will not leave a Bow in when we're at home, but has to have one when we leave the house}



There were no good movies by the way! We finally decided on "I Love You Man" with Paul Rudd and Jason {something?.. the guy from How I Met Your Mother} and Miss Priss got Dora and the Three Little Pigs. C and Miss Priss got ice cream and I got a regular 'ol Coke! Mmm..{I may add a little rum after the kiddos go to bed..shh!} We went walking around our block when we got home. I pushed Care Bear in our new stroller and Miss Priss pushed her babydoll in her stroller. The weather was so nice and cool. I'm loving it!

I came in to make Bear a bottle and turned my back for a minute. When I turned around, she was handing me something hot pink and it was coming from her mouth as well. I ran over to her and realized it was Playdough!! She had eaten a big chunk of it. *OMG!* I freaked out for a minute, ran outside to tell C and he informed me that is mostly made of Wheat, Salt, and Food Coloring. I truly hope that is true! She was very excited about eating it. Apparentley, it tasted absoloutley appetizing, but nutricious for her..I think not!


{A sneak peak at one of the new things we bought her at the consignment sale..Can you guess?}

5 comments:

Jill September 19, 2009 at 8:22 PM  

Sounds like a great weekend, i too love times like that when everyone is happy and not stressing over silly things , you get to relax and enjoy each other. Can't wait to see your finds, I wish we had one of those big sales here they sound greta , altough I think my wallet thanks me hehe.

Ashlee September 20, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

What a great weekend! I miss our consignment shop :( It closed due to the new lead laws :( I was seriously bummed! Now it's just goodwill for me :(

mel @ the larson lingo September 20, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your girls are so cute! And, that little tricycle is great!(our friends have one!)

Whitney September 20, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

Thanks for your sweet comment! Thanks for stopping by! Your girls are precious! Your little ones glasses are just the cutest things ever!

Dani September 20, 2009 at 7:24 PM  

your girls are adorable! Sounds like your family had a nice weekend =). Those are the best kind. My name is Danielle, by the way, and I'm a young wife as well.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP