Thursday, September 24, 2009

Random Thoughts for Thursday

I'm tired.
The passed two days i've been so exhausted. I can't figure out why. I haven't done anything strenuous.I haven't done much at all to be honest. I'm just tired. Yesterday and today, i've not wanted to get up. My lil Care Bear ensures that I do though. She wakes up smiling saying "num num" while doing the 'gimmie' gesture with her hands.

One of my best online friends that i've known for about 2.5 years now, Janet, made Care Bear a tutu for her birthday. {I forgot to mention on here that she was 11 months old on Monday}It is one of the most precious things i've ever seen!! I'm making a Hair Bow to match. Once it's all finished, i'll post pictures. {I also made a Minnie Mouse Bow that is so freakin cute}

Speaking of making her things, i'm also sewing her an A Line dress for her birthday. I'm so excited about it!! I made Miss Priss one when she was about 13 months old and thought it'd be cute for Bear to have one too. I'm taking it to my monogram lady to get her name on it.

My grandma still wants to buy me an embroidery machine. I looked up prices on those and my jaw dropped, so I told her no! It would be nice to add that kind of stuff to my buisness, but I would feel horrible for her spending that kind of money.

I also forgot to mention that C and I's fourth anniversary was last Thursday. We had sort of a shotgun wedding so that day isn't really special to me. I like to remember our first date and we celebrate that night more than our wedding. For our 5th wedding anniversary though, we are going to have a real wedding with all of our family. I can't wait! My daddy will actually get to walk me down the isle =)

I'm so tired. Oh right, I mentioned that.

Hmm..so it's Fall, but the temperature went up! What the heck? It's been so nice and cool for the passed few weeks and now that Fall is officially here, it's humid and hot again. Blah!

I do love Fall though. This is my favorite time of year. From September to December..ahh so nice. I'm getting my decorations out this weekend. Pics to come!

That's all for now. I''m going to have to make myself get up and do some stuff around here. Sigh.

8 comments:

Lindsay September 24, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

Kaycee - I am looking to sell all of my embroidery stuff. I have a Janome 300E that needs a tune-up, but it was a great machine for your kind of business. Let me know if you want me to itemize all of my stuff and get you a price. Also, I would recommend checking to make sure you have a Janome dealer in your area that you could go to for a tune-up and help learning it. LindsayHCrawford@yahoo.com

Kelly September 24, 2009 at 9:15 AM  

Happy Anniversary a little late! Ours is tomorrow! :)

Cute dress, I wish I had the patience to sew dresses and stuff, my mom sewed a lot of my clothes and baby clothes when I was little. I would love an embroidery machine, but I don't want to have to give up my right arm to pay for it. :) It would be good for your bow business, you could do cute little designs on the ribbon. :)

Janet September 24, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

I'm so glad you like it Kaycee! I can't wait to see the matching bow and see it on Carrah! I also want to see this minnie mouse bow. I have been thinking of making MK and Kade, Minnie and Mickey Mouse for Halloween! Lol!

Oh, and I am soo glad you are going to sew Carrah one of those dresses. They were sooo cute!! I have a pattern kind of like it that I sewed, and I recently bought the cutest Halloween fabric that I can't wait to sew another dress with.

I too have been wanted to do the monogramming and embroidery. I know my machine is equipped to do it, but I have to learn how to use it. It's so detailed that I just haven't made the time yet. I hope you can find a good deal on one some where!

Lara September 24, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

Happy Belated Anniversary to you and C!!! I better be invited to the one next year! hehe. I can't wait to see the tutu from janet on CareBear! I would love to know someone with an embroidery machine ;) That mess is too expensive! It was going to be $12 to embroider each of the twins blankets that I made them! That's crazy! Oh, and the tiredness...hmm...I hope you're not getting sick, or you could just be pregnant again. HAHA! J/K!!!

Kristi September 24, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

Join the club, I am tired too. I guess it is just part of being a mommy! By the way, my friend ordered my girls 2 candy corn Halloween bows and 2 Christmas bows from you. So I am sure you will see pictures of my girls on my blog soon wearing your bows! I have an embroidery machine. My mom and I went in together and split the price. It was the best investment I have ever made. We LOVE it, but one little secret, check Johnston's around Thanksgiving. We bought the floor model at the end of the year, for half price. They also sell used ones. Ours was only $1800, still pricy, but nothing compared to a new one, and you would get your money back fast. We don't have a business but we do lots for people as a side cash job.

By the way, Happy Anniversary!

Kristi

Fullerton Family September 24, 2009 at 10:16 AM  

That's right, Jaci's bday is on your anniversary, right? I love the idea of having another ceremony on your 5th!!

Kristi September 24, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

I am not really worried about my girls, they don't look underweight or boney at all. I have not yet received the bows unless they come in today. We don't have a website because we don't do it as a business, just side cash work. If you are interested I can post a few pics on my facebook when I get my computer back. I am using a friends right now while my girls are at therapy, then I just have to go into my moms to check my blog and e-mail. My computer is in the shop.

Deborah September 24, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

So now I'm thinking about the great wedding photos you're going to post next year about this time. Guess I'll just have to keep reading your blog! I want to hear about how you taught yourself to sew. Didn't you mention that one time. I really want to learn but don't want to take classes.

As for being tired, I'm hoping that once my thyroid is out the med's will make me less tired. They say my levels are normal but I'm hoping they weren't!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP