Friday, September 11, 2009

Visit to the Always Exciting DMV

Even though I love fall and everything that comes along with it, there is one particular event that I try to push out of my to do list. Renewing my tags!! I'm not sure if every state requires that, but here we have to go to the DMV once a year to purchase new tags for your vehicle. My time always comes in October. Such a bummer!! Thankfully, I still have a few weeks before I have to do that; however, yesterday was my birthday (did I mention that..oh right, I think I did.) and it's been four years since I last purchased a driver's license. Uh oh!! I remembered today when I pulled it out at the store.

After we got home from the hospital with Carrah, I rushed around and got ready to go take that dreaded license picture. I felt confident. Cute shirt, semi good hair day, and enough makeup to cover my dark circles under my eyes. I thought "Okay, maybe i'll have a nice looking picture this time." Afterall, I don't want to have to look at another hideous picture of myself for another four years!

**The way it went down**
Walk in the DMV, take a number, sit down next to the wildest variety of people you can imagine, and wait. I looked at my number, 73, then glanced to the screen.. 63. Crap! I still have ten people ahead of me! Okay, i'll get "Eclipse" out and start reading where I left off a few days ago (yes I go a few days in between reading because i'm that busy..;) you know on the comp and stuff!) I start reading about Bella racing to La Push while Edward is out of town hunting with his brothers.. then, suddenly I start peeking up to see if the number has changed yet. Yes, they're on 70 now. Almost my turn! The anxiety starts creeping up into my chest. How the heck am I going to smile? Should I smile at all? I'll just do the Paris Hilton pose and do the chin tilt. ... 73! Dang, not enough prep time. I close my book, throw it in my bag and march to the desk. I get the vision screening out of the way then walk the long walk to the picture taker. "Look right here" the rude woman tells me. *Flash!* OMG!!! I was SO not ready. "Here's your license Mrs... " "Thanks" I tell her and sprint out the door, itching to sneak a peek. I reach my car and glance down.. "Ugh!" I announced aloud. Literally, out loud! Why the heck are they so dang hideous every time?! My hair looks bleached out and my eyes look like a deer caught in the headlights!

Ah well, there's always four years from now.. *curse!*

6 comments:

Ashley September 11, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

Your's is great. You should see mine. I have a black eye from where I was putting coffee cups up in the cabinet and a HUGE travel one fell and popped me in the eye... lol

Jenny/Moravia September 11, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

How rude. I had to renew my license last month and if I didn't like the first photo I could redo it. Turns out I like the first photo better. When I was in UT I could redo my picture too.

Janet September 12, 2009 at 10:11 AM  

I actually like it! I always think you are super cute!!

Anonymous,  September 12, 2009 at 11:10 PM  

It's cute...and if it makes you feel better...you can renew your tags online!

Melissa September 13, 2009 at 4:42 PM  

I was 9 months pregnant in my last 2 pictures. So I'm all fat and puffy. I'd love to have yours!

*Kc* September 14, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

LOL! Thanks yall :) It's a horrendous pic though..for REAL!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP