Friday, October 16, 2009

Brave Little Cookie Pushing the Limits

I could not come up with a clever title because my heart is still pounding out of my chest. It has been that way for an hour now. Why, you ask? Well, let me just go ahead and tell you.

I rocked Care Bear to sleep and she was asleep, no waking up when I laid her down in her crib. I came downstairs to make hers and MIss Priss' Bows for their Pumpkin Patch outfits and I hear "THUD!!!!" The sound it made was as bad as when she pulled the armoire down on her face and we ended up in the ER with stitches and a broken nose. I sprinted upstairs to see what could have possibly made that noise. Miss Priss was laying in her bed too, but hers is so low to the ground and I would have heard her scream out if it were her. I heard a tiny scream, then I got there.

Care Bear was laid out on her back trying to muster up a cry. She was so scared that she couldn't get it out, it was like she was hyperventilating while trying to cry. I picked her up and she wimpered for a minute then she was fine. Smiling. laughing, walking, eating cheetos, etc.. I wasn't so fine though. She climbed out of her crib at not even a year old. WHAT? I don't know what to do because the bed is as low as it can go. I told yall she was a climber!!

I'm still in shock, like I said, but she is perfect. No crying, no sunk in bumps or poking out bumps, no different sized pupils, no sleepiness, etc.. She cries more if she drops a cookie than she did falling out of her crib. Our floor is very very carpeted though, so maybe that is why we were so blessed this time.

This girl, i swear, she is going to bring back every bit of anxiety that I thought I had overcome recentley.

11 comments:

Heather October 16, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

Oh my! You've got your hands full with that little girl!

Amber October 16, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

CareBear sounds like my son! He has been to the ER atleast 3 times for hitting his head so hard. He has had two staples in his head and 3 stitches on his forhead. All for things he has done right in front of my face. He will climb and jump off something in seconds. He runs so fast through the house he has fallen and cloncked his head countless times. He is a wild man who isnt scared of anything and climbs everything. I am on pins and needles all day he scares me so much! He also climbed out of his crib at about 11 months it scared me so much I just put him in a toddler bed. I was scared he would breck his neck or something! It took about a week for him to stay in the bed, but after that it was a peice of cake and I had no more worries. I know they also make some sort of tent type covers for kids who get out of their cribs too google it and something will come up.

Stephanie October 16, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

oh dear - how scary! glad she is ok!

LauraC October 16, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

Nate was/is a climber too. He climbed out of his crib early. We had to babyproof a ton of stuff bc he could climb onto just about anything. I would find him standing on the kitchen table after I went into the bathroom. ha!

Anyway a crib tent is definitely something to consider!

Kelly October 16, 2009 at 1:37 PM  

Do you have bumpers in the crib? They use these as leverage to climb out. So if you do, take them out and she shouldn't be able to get out. If you don't...good luck, she is a 'monkey.' :)

Lara October 16, 2009 at 4:33 PM  

She is such a sneaky little dare devil!!! lol. I'm glad she's okay!!!

Janet October 16, 2009 at 11:23 PM  

I'm sorry, but I am chuckling. I can't help it. I swear it sounds just like MK. That girl keeps me shakin' in my boots! I'm so glad she is ok though. I would have been terrified. I am surprised MK never tried to climb out of her crib. She is so wild in every way! I walked in on her climbing on her changing table yesterday, hanging off the very top!!! Agggh! She could have totally flipped off and brought the thing crashing down on her. Oy! Anyways, Idk what to tell you, but good luck! I have already moved MK to a big girl bed and she sleeps much better.

Anonymous,  October 17, 2009 at 1:05 AM  

I think it's 2nd child syndrome. Kylea, my younger sis, was always the dare devil; while I tended to be more like Miss Priss.

Carrie October 17, 2009 at 8:45 PM  

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!!!! I can't even fanthom how she climbed out, but, wow, she is good... and, she will do it again, so please, please get a crib cover or move her to a toddler bed, because that is so scary!!! Autumn was in her highchair and the strap was tight and somehow she managed to wiggle herself up to standing today and it gave me a heart attack when I turned around and saw her standing!!!!!! These 2nd kids!!!! Don't they know us Momma's need a break?!!

Leah October 17, 2009 at 8:52 PM  

You got a blog award, check my newest post! :)

Kelly October 18, 2009 at 10:29 PM  

KC-
I am wondering if you can make me two bows. My daughter is going to be Abby Cadabby for Halloween and I need some kind of 'poofy' full bow that is pink and purple for her pigtails. Can you make something like that for me? How much would they be?

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP