Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happy First Birthday to My Care Bear!!!

October 21st 2008
11:58pm
7lbs 4oz. 20in long


Wow, a year?! I can't believe my baby has only been here one year! It seems that she has been a part of our lives forever!


3 months

One year ago today, I was already in the hospital. I had started having ctx at 11pm the night before and we went in to L&D around 5am. She was born at 11:58pm on Oct 21st 2008. I could immediately tell she was bigger than Miss Priss. C called my name and said "She's a lot bigger!!" lol..he was in shock, but I wasn't. My belly was all the proof I needed. The nurses, our parents, and even C and I were amazed at her "blonde" hair. We thought she'd have dark black hair like MP did. CB was so beautiful th first time I looked at her. I remember saying that she looked like a little bug. Her face was perfectly round with chubby cheeks even at birth and I just coudln't beleive how much I loved her already.

6 months


The first few months of Care Bear's life were difficult for all of us, especially me and probably her too. I went through a lot of emotions.. depression, sadness, anger, confusion, but still happy and so blessed to have her. When we finally learned that Carrah had OC Albinism, it was like a giant weight lifted off of me and I could just have fun and enjoy her without worry. She has taught me more than I ever imagined a tiny little child could. I now look at the whole world differently. I've gained patience and understanding that I never had in the past.

9 months


Each day is a new adventure with CB. I've never been so panicked and stressed out in my life until she came along. When people told me each child is different, they were not blowing smoke. CB is a daring child. She has been in more accidents and incidents than any child i've ever known. I can always count on her to fall off, get stuck on, or climb up something. But I can also count on her to bring a smile to my face. She is so precious in every way and I love to just sit and watch her discover new things.

On her first birthday, Care Bear can now run and play chase with her sister, do patty cake, itsy bitsy spider, peek a boo, stand up and walk in circles (for fun!), say mama, daddy, barney, bite, sissy, baby.

12 months {not really in this pic, but i'll have to take one today when she wakes up from nap}

I love my Care Bear so incredibly much. I sometimes wish she could stay this sweet little baby, but then I wouldn't get to enjoy more and more special birthdays with her.

Happy 1st birthday my precious girl!!

18 comments:

Mama Bear October 21, 2009 at 9:55 AM  

awww, Happy Birthday to your littlest Princess! Have a good day!! Hope ya'll are feeling better!

Cori October 21, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

Happy Birthday Care Bear!! Sweet girl!! Your girls are precious..such a blessing.

JenFen October 21, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

Hope you guys are feeling better so you can celebrate CB's birthday. I cannot believe she is already one year old!

Janet October 21, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

Happy Birthday Care Bear!!!!!!!! It hardly seems possible you are a year old. You have an awesome Mommy and Family that will always love and take care of you! Have a very special day. We love you!

Marci @All Things Wonderful October 21, 2009 at 10:46 AM  

Happy Birthday to your princess! She is beautiful. Have a wonderful day!

Unknown October 21, 2009 at 10:56 AM  

happy birthday, babypie!!

LauraC October 21, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

Happy birthday Care Bear!!

Nada October 21, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

Happy Birthday Care Bear!! Hope she has a great day!

Jess October 21, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

Happy Birthday Carrah!! Isn't it amazing how fast the first year goes? She is such a beautiful girl!

Carrie October 21, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

Wow... I can't believe that she is 1, I can remember when we were all trying to get pregnant and you got pregnant the first month of trying (lucky!!)... and then I got preggers right behind you. I can't believe she is 1 and Autumn will be 1 next month. So sad yet exciting!!

Ally October 21, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

Mel October 21, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

Happy Birthday to Care Bear! What a cutie!

Unknown October 21, 2009 at 2:59 PM  

Your family is so beautiful! What a sweet blessing you have and even though it was a rough road in regards to her albinism she is doing great and you should be one proud mama! Happy Birthday

Lara October 21, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

I remember ya'll deciding to have another baby. Then going through the (short) ttc time when you thought you miscalculated and then BAM, you were pregnant! haha! Your pregnancy went by SO fast and now Care Bear is already one! I know exactly what you mean when you said that it seems like she's been a part of the family forever. It's weird huh? lol. She is one of the most precious baby girls I've ever seen. I can just imagine her litty personality by the way you explain her. She will be such a strong and beautiful woman one day. I hope she has the very best first birthday ever! Give her plenty of hugs and kisses from everyone today!

mel @ the larson lingo October 21, 2009 at 4:47 PM  

Happy Birthday Carrah! You are such a beautiful girl!

Jill October 21, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

Happy Brithday Little CB hope you have a great day.

Jennifer October 21, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

Happy birthday Carrah! Hope she had a great day!

Kayci October 22, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

I wasn't around yesterday, but I wanted to send a message today eventhough it is late.

**H*A*P*P*Y**B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y** Carrah! Hope you had a GREAT day!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP