Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"My Teacher is Gonna See Her!"


Care Bear always wakes up early! I try to get up before the girls and get stuff done, but it never seems to happen. No matter how early I wake up, she is either right before or after me. This morning it was about 7:00am, so not to bad really.

I changed her diaper, dressed her, and came downstairs to make breakfast. Miss Priss was still asleep, of course. I decided to patch Care Bear's eye this morning since she is usually in a pretty good mood. She didn't mind at all and just sat there while I did it. Then, she took off walking and clapping like it didn't phase her a bit.

Miss Priss woke up and came down the stairs, sat down in her chair then called for Care Bear. When she saw her, she burst into tears.
"Why you do that for moma?"
I said because Care Bear's doctor wants us to. It will help her eyes."
"No!! I don't want that on my baby. My teacher is gonna see her."
"Miss Priss, will you teacher not like that?"
"No. She will be mad too."

I almost cried too. That was the hardest part so far. I know it seems like nothing and almost funny, but it's just difficult to explain to a three year old that her sister's eyes are a little different and need some assistance.

5 comments:

JenFen October 14, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

That's a hard one because while it is so sweet that MP is so concerned about her little sister, it is hard to explain to a 3 year old. Hopefully you can find a way to explain it that that helps her understand.

House of Blues October 14, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

Aw I could cry about the part where she said "I dont want that on my baby" =(

Anonymous,  October 14, 2009 at 8:24 PM  

My 6yo cousin started wearing glasses at 3 years old, but for the past year +/- he has had to patch his right eye. I'm not sure if hers is for the same reason, but apparently his left eye is really week so he has to patch for 2h/day to make his left eye do all the work and strengthen up! My aunt made him a "cool" scooby doo patch to wear.

Carrie October 15, 2009 at 2:27 PM  

Carrah is taking it so well, I am sure if I put glasses and a patch on Autumn, she would rip them right off. Cami is only 3, she has a lot to learn about Carrah, but it is good she is so protective of her.

Madison Sanders October 25, 2009 at 12:59 PM  

I had to wear a patch on the right eye to strengthen the left one. My left eye is considered "lazy", so I wore it for an hour eye day. If you do what the doctor says, it will really make a difference.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP