Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Never Cease to Amaze Me

I'm actually not talking about my kids this time {whom by the way never do cease to amaze me}, i'm speaking of the disaster we call our home.

Every morning when I wake up, I play with the girls, get them fed, then clean! And I continue to clean all throughout the day. Seriously, i'm picking up things ALL day! When I finally feel that it is decent {for my taste}, I will chill out and take a break.

In the afternoon, I really don't do much cleaning. We are usually running errands, playing, trying to nap, etc.. Then I have to cook supper and C gets home. That's when the major mess comes about. It seems like the houes gets ten times more messy when C is home than it does during the day. I just ignore the mess at night, though, because i'm exhausted from cleaning all morning.

The next morning, I wake up and start it all over. I look around and am in utter disbelief at the clutter staring me in the face. You'd think i'd become immune to it and accept it, but it truly does never cease to amaze me.

I do realize that i'm possibly the Queen of talking about cleaning my house! lol! I do have a teensy bit of OCD when it comes to our home. I can't stand any one little thing out of place. If a pillow, picture, or even an evelope is crooked, I have to straighten it, so you can imagine how picky I am about the clutter!!

4 comments:

Carrie October 28, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

My home used to look perfect before we had kids, and I was def. OCD about it being clean and tidy. However, I have REALLY learned to lighten up about it since having kids. I am doing the best I can... my problem is I have less time (especially since Miss Auttie loves to be held) and I have too many toys for the size of my house! What can ya do :)

Mel October 28, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

I am SOO the same way. You would think having two kids would take the wind out of my OCD house cleaning sails, but if anything I have gotten worse. However, I am slightly more forgiving to toy clutter, but I am MORE OCD about the actual cleanliness. Oh well, I guess it is a good thing.

angie October 28, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

Kc,
I have been followng your blog for a while now. I have a son born in May '06 and love reading about your girls. I decided to come out of lurking and comment for the first time because when I read what you wrote today it was like it was coming from me! I feel the EXACT same way as you! I can clean, clean, and clean all during the day, but when the hubby comes home it's like a tornado has gone through our house and I have to start all over the next day! I try not to let it bother me too, but it does and I feel like I go in circles doing the same thing all the time! Anyway, I just wanted to comment (finally) and let you know that you're not alone. I love your blog and love reading about your family. Your girls are precious!

House of Blues October 30, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

Girl, I was just saying this SAME thing today. Seriously ALL I EVER do is clean, and i feel like every night once the boys got to bed its a disaster again.it is leiterally exhausting, but yet I just cannot relax if I dont straiten up first. My mom is keeping the boys this weekend and whats the firtst thing im doing?? CLEANING!! at least that way it will stay that way till they get back!!LOL

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP