Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Surprised I Have a Nerve Left in My Body?!





.. I am.

Oh, the many ways Care Bear freaks me out! This is all day long people! I rarely have a moment when i'm not yelling "Care Bear, NO!" "Get down from there." "Don't climb on that" "Girl, you're going to bump your head!" She doens't have an ounce of fear in her 20lb {almost} one year old body. She would dive head first down the stairs if I let her!

C and I laugh about it, but it's truly amazing how tough she really is. She will bump her head on something pretty hard, look up, rub her head with her hand,then keep going without making a peep. Miss Priss, on the other hand, is a little drama queen and such a "Prissy Miss" in every sense of the word. If she barely bumps a finger she goes on crying for ten minutes or more. They are so incredibly different in every single way, it blows my mind. I know I say that ALL the time, but it is truly such a surprise. It's so strange that two girls with the same parents, raised the same way, taught the same things, can be so vastly opposite.

Let me list a few of the differences..

Weight:
MP was tiny! She always wore her age or below clothes. If she was 12mos she wore 9-12mo clothes. CB is not even 12mos and wears 18mo shirts and pants {they're a little long, but fit for the most part}
Eating: MP doesn't eat. Period! She could care less about food, but still has energy of a jack rabbit. CB eats everything in sight! No matter if she has just eaten, she will eat your food too. So watch out!
Personality: MP, like I said, is very dramatic. It's all about her all the time. She needs you to feed her, play with her, and be right.next.to.her all the time! CB will play by herself for the longest time. She doesn't need someone there next to her and actually would prefer to go off exploring on her own.
Sleeping: MP still sleeps in the bed with us and will not have it any other way. She won't even try her bed. CB prefers her crib. She likes to be rocked to sleep with her paci and then go to her crib.
Paci/Bottle: MP still sucks on a cup to go to sleep. Argh!! That darn cup. She wants milk, juice, or water before every sleep period. CB doesn't care about her bottle at all, but she has to have a paci almost all throughout the day.
Development: MP was so smart and always thinking. She could say several words by her first birthday. She walked at 10 months. But she didn't get her first tooth until she was 10 months. CB isn't a thinker. lol! She just does things without thining. She is never deep in thought like MP was. But she crawled at 5 mos. Pulled up and cruised at 7mos. Tried to start walking at 8.5mos, but didn't successfully until she was about 10 months. She got her first tooth at 6mos and now has 10 teeth! And she has a LOT more hair!

Catch my drift? Wheww..MP was easy as pie to take care of. CB, though, is a different story. I'm worn out at the end of every day, just from chasing her around and pulling her off of things.

Comparison pics.. MP{top two} at 11months. CB{bottom two} at 11months

4 comments:

Janet October 7, 2009 at 9:30 PM  

I soooo hear you!!! That is exactly like my two. And girl, my heart is in my throat all the time with MK! I am constantly chasing after her freaking out! She wears me out!! I agree that it is so fun to see the difference between the two kids. It's amazing how different two kids can be!

Molly October 7, 2009 at 11:36 PM  

Cooper scares me to death too! He gets on the dining table, the back of the couch...anywhere dangerous!

Michele October 8, 2009 at 7:45 AM  

I feel for you! My two girls are the same way-different in every way!

Lara October 8, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

My two are so different also. Carlie was alway scared to do things and Jacelyn was my dare devil. Carlie was the one who could play by herself for hours but Jacelyn had to be right next to me! Carlie is a drama queen and Jacelyn is more laid back. It's crazy how different two babies can be. There are 4 of us girls and we were all SOO different but also had a few similar traits.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP