Thursday, October 8, 2009

Two in the Bed and the Little One Said

"I'm sleeping with yall!"

When Care Bear was born, I made a point to put her in the bassinet right away. No sleeping our bed, I said. Remember, in my last post I made sure to list that Miss Priss still sleeps in the bed with us every.single.night and that Care Bear prefers her crib? Yeah, not so much last night.

C tried to rock CB to sleep, but she wasn't having it! He brought her into our room and laid her in the bed between us and she went right to sleep without putting up a fight. We moved her to her crib right after we knew she was fully asleep. She woke up screaming at 2am. I rocked her for an hour and nothing! She laid there in my arms staring me in the eyes. It was really cute and funny even, but I was getting aggrivated. She wasn't giving up. I kept fighting the urge to take her to our bed, but finally, I was so tired I did it. Guess what? She fell right to sleep..again. I moved her back to her crib.

She woke up at 6:30am and I didn't even care by that point and just took her straight to our bed. She fell back to sleep and we all got to sleep in until 8am!

Good gravy, I hope this isn't a pattern starting. I don't think I could stand four little feet kicking me in the back all night long.

7 comments:

Brandi October 8, 2009 at 10:34 AM  

Landon does the same thing he can be sound asleep and as soon as I lay him in his crib his little head pops up and if I leave the room he starts screaming.

Nada October 8, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

There must have been something going on last night, because my daughter was the same way!! She REFUSED to sleep in her crib. She screamed and screamed until she got into our bed...and then fell right asleep. Every time I tried to move her, she would wake up screaming NO NO NO! Weird!!

Kara October 8, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

All three of our girls slept with us. Kaitlynn moved out when she was four (it took a bribe), Kendall moved out a little after Kylee was born, but she will occasionally sleep with us. Kylee sleeps with us every night. Sometimes we can get her in her bed but it is guaranteed that she will wake up in the middle of the night screaming for me. We give into it because we know it will not always be like this. It will pass. Hang in there!

House of Blues October 8, 2009 at 8:05 PM  

Cute!! Cole is the complete opposite...konnor is still in our bed, but the other night by some fluke he fell asleep watching a movie in his bed, and when I went to bed I was lonely so I got Cole out of bed and though "well, this will be a nice treat for him, he never sleeps with us"....No way Jose...he would NOT go back to sleep...he hates it. Finally I was like FINE and put him back in his bed. Ugh! =)

JenFen October 8, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

We were the same way with Jadyn in that we tried to keep her out of our bed b/c Jake was still in there with us and guess what. It worked great until around 19 months when she realized that we were all sleeping together in the big bed while she was all alone in her room. Now as you know the kids both start the night off together in Jake's bed but invariably end up in our bed with us, plus the two dogs on beds beside us and 2 cats that sometimes end up on top of us. It's definitely crowded but you know what? I don't know that I would want it any other way.

I don't have your personal email for some reason but I just wanted to say thanks for your kind words about my faith post. I am confident that I will find the right place for us and I appreciate everyone, including yourself for being supportive of where I stand on the issue. Thanks!

Mel October 9, 2009 at 12:31 PM  

You have probably seen the set up that I have with the crib up next to the bed in the toddler bed configuration. I sleep so much better when Mariele is in the crib, but most nights she ends up right beside me in the bed anyway. She does good the first part of the night and then I suspect she gets cold and wants to snuggle next to a warm body. We sleep with the a/c kind of cool. I put her in footed PJS and a sleep sack, but somehow she still gets cold. Our a/c was out the other night and it was pretty hot and she slept better than she has slept in a long time! Oh, and Analese still sleeps with us about 1/3 of the time.

Molly October 9, 2009 at 11:45 PM  

Cooper was doing so good until we had company and now he is so off his schedule. He has ended up in our bed for the past 2 weeks. Arghhh. I can't imagine 2 sets of feet!
I LOVE that you say good gravy!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP