Wednesday, November 4, 2009

2 Days Completely Gluten Free

..and you'd think Miss Priss was a different child. I'm so thankful to one blogger/fellow May mom who mentioned that MP probably did not have ADHD, but a Gluten allergy like myself.

I listened to her and completely {and I mean completely} elimated Gluten from Miss Priss' diet and she has done so well. I did this a couple months back and remember how calm she seemed, but I thought mayeb in was all in my mind and we slowly reintroduced her to eating gluten. Our families wouldn't quit feeding it to her anyway, so we figured we may as well let her eat it.

The passed two days she has been a different person. She has been listening to everything we ask of her. She has not thrown a meltdown fit not even one time! She's been sharing with Care Bear. She is sitting in our laps and focusing very closely. It's truly amazing. I can't believe I didn't keep her on this "diet" when I started her on it.

I now have to keep reinforcing our families to keep her gluten free. They feel bad for her when she asks for a cookie or wants a biscuit, so they end up giving in.

It's hard work to find things a 3 year old will eat that is gluten free, but it's soooo worth it!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart to the mom out there who made me think of it again =)

4 comments:

Mama Bear November 4, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

oh good, I'm glad you found your solution!! Yay!

Kara November 4, 2009 at 9:40 PM  

Look for Enjoy Life products. That's what kind of cookies Kylee eats. There are also Glutino cheese crackers.Snack food was the hardest for us. Takes a while to figure out, but once you find alternatives it all works out well.

PS I order those products from Amazon. There is only one grocery store in our area that carries those brands. Wal-Mart doesn't.

Megan R. November 4, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

That's great that you found the problem! We are supposed to take C in for allergy testing, and I'm slightly terrified to, and find out he's allergic to a ton of stuff! I'm horrible at following diets!

Unknown November 4, 2009 at 10:52 PM  

Yay! We are currently challenging one of our girls on gluten, she tested positive on an allergy test for wheat years ago but this years test was very low so we are challenging her. I have to say I have noticed a change in her behavior and she is having more of her sensory processing disorder type tantrums. I am going to keep challenging her for awhile but if things with her tantrums dont get better I am taking her back off of it. We also eliminated red dye #40 and I noticed a huge change in all of our kids. It is hard to find things without it but so worth it. Good luck with her new diet, I am a firm believer that some people just can't handle gluten!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP