Wednesday, November 4, 2009

National Adoption Month

As I mentioned some time ago, C and I have been discussing adoption for a while now. Initially we decided that we wanted to go the Domestic Infant Adoption route. C really believes in helping all of children here in America that need homes {as do I} However, i've recentley learned of all of the orphans/waiting children overseas that need not only homes, but also forever families to love and care for them.

I've been searching through all of the waiting children lists and it truly breaks my heart to see their gorgeous faces sitting there , just waiting on someone to take them home. I found a little boy , Care Bear's age, with Albinism that I fell in love with as soon as I saw his picture. However, I learned that he is from China and their laws striclty state that you must be 30 years old to adopt a child. We all know that I am nowhere near 30, i'm 23. That broke my heart. I pray that he finds a forever home. It was obvious that wasn't God's plan for us. But He does have a plan for us and I cannot wait to find out what it is.

For now, we obviously cannot adopt from China or any other country{other than USA} because most require a minimum age of 25 years old. I realize I am quite young, but I know where my heart is and I want and feel a need to save these children from a life that no child should have to endure. C is onboard with adoption. We have disucssed it very much and I pray every night about it. This isn't a spur of the moment decision. It has harbored much thought and prayer. It will happen when God decides it is right.

As for today, I have found an adorable little boy named "Walter" from China at the Philip Hayden Foundation that C and I have promised to sponsor. We will receive updates on him periodically. We can send him care packages and other things that let him know our family cares about him. It's just a small thing, but Lord willing it will make a giant change in his life. If anyone knows of any children with Albinism that need sponsoring, please let us know!

We are still looking into adopting from the United States. Yes, we are broke, but I feel that if it is God's will, the money will come..some way..somehow.

November is National Adoption Month. If you have a minute, take the time to look through the Waiting Child list at RainbowKids.org or just say a prayer for all of the children all over the world who need a family. They need them.

6 comments:

Unknown November 5, 2009 at 3:33 AM  

I have friends that are looking into adopting domestically because they can't have children. They are looking into adopting a somewhat older child because there are so many waiting. I would love to adopt someday and I have thought about going overseas and adopting a child with albinism. My husband is interesting in being a foster home at some point. I am not sure how I feel about that because I am afraid I will get attached and then they will leave. This is definitely something to pray about.I will be praying that the right opportunity, child, and money comes to you. God's will will be done and he will do what is best for your family when the time is right!

Thanks for sharing this

Kelly November 5, 2009 at 7:01 AM  

KC - check out Show Hope - it is an adoption organization set up by Christian singer Steven Curtis Chapman. He and his wife adopted 3 little girls from China and they want to help others with the adoption process. Here is the website: http://www.showhope.org/

God's blessings on your journey :)
Kelly

The Thomasson's November 5, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

We are in the process of an adoption right now as you know from our blog, but one of the Special Needs that we put on our list was albinism, because of all that I have learned from your blog! I know you guys may not be at the place to adopt now, but I wanted you to know that you have had an impact on ours.

*Kc* November 5, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

Casey I completely kno what you mean about becoming attached to a foster child. i feel the same way.

Kelly thank you so much for that link. I will definitely check it out!

Amanda wow! You don't even know how much thatmeans to me. It brought tears to my eyes to read that. Thank you for offering to give a child with Albinism a chance.

Molly November 6, 2009 at 12:41 AM  

What a wonderful thing you are doing!

Megan R. November 6, 2009 at 7:19 PM  

Thanks for posting this. Adoption is a wonderful thing. Our good friends just adopted a little boy close to C's age from South Korea. They invited us to be at the airport when he arrived, and it was one of the most emotional moments of my life. Adoption is awesome!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP