Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Card Dilemma

This is going to be short and sweet..

Do Christmas Cards have to feature "Christmas" pictures or can they be any 'ol pictures?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I have no Christmas pictures of us this year and i'm not sure I want to be so brave as to try and take some myself. It is so difficult and stressful to get pictures of my girls together and even more difficult to get a good picture of the four of us together. Then factor in the problem of CB not being able to be photographed in a dark lit room because her eyes will appear red. I have to either get shots of her outside in the late afternoon or inside with the outside light behind me. It's VERY difficult! Not to mention trying to get them both to smile.. ha! That's a feat within itself.

Anyway, I printed out some cards with our Thanksgiving picture as the primary picture and the picture of the two of them in the jeep as the secondary picture. It's cute, but not Christmas looking at all.

Am I over thinking this? Should I really try to get a decent Christmas looking picture of the four of us and the two of them together or just keep the cards I already have and try better next year?

14 comments:

Cori December 7, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

I dont think they have to be christmas pictures...just whatever you wanna use :)

Bren December 7, 2009 at 6:39 PM  

I got a "Christmas" picture the first year but now I just use a good picture. I've received all kinds and most are not "Christmasy".

Anonymous,  December 7, 2009 at 7:03 PM  

B & I didn't use a Christmas pic on our card. Actually, our picture was from the beach this summer.

Jessica December 7, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

Last year I didnt use a Christmas picture. So I dont think it matters. Of course you could always have me take the pics for you and your adorable family :) http://PhotographyByJessicaNicole.blogspot.com

JenFen December 7, 2009 at 8:48 PM  

The way I look at it is some relatives and friends see our Christmas card and that is the ONLY picture they see of us all year so I want it to be a decent representation. We have used Christmas photos but I also used a good family pic of us from Thanksgiving one year so no, it doesn't have to be Christmas.

Christine December 7, 2009 at 10:51 PM  

They absolutely DO NOT have to be Christmas pictures. I think if you wanted to use bathing suit pictures from the summer it's fine too. Nothin' says it has to be a Christmas picture. :)

Kelly December 8, 2009 at 6:57 AM  

You do not have to use Christmas pictures for the card, a lot of people don't. They just try to use the best recent picture(s) they have. Do you want me to put together a Christmas card layout for you?

Melissa December 8, 2009 at 7:57 AM  

Kaycee, you saw my pictures. I say if you have a good picture of the kids it does NOT need to be christmas themed. Any good picture will work!

Kayci December 8, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

The Thanksgiving pic would be fine. You could always do a pic of CB in her Christmas dress by herself...one of MP in her dress by herself...and one of you and C together on the same card. Do you have PhotoShop to make your own card with all the pics on it?? You might be able to go to WalMart.com and do a card with 3 pics...

Janet December 8, 2009 at 11:32 AM  

You already got the same answer, but I was totally going to say you definitely don't have to use "Christmas" pics. Most cards that I get have pics of the family sometime during the year in a good shot of all of them. Some of those are summer vacay pics, and others are at weddings, etc. We took pics this year for our Christmas cards and we decided to dress everyone in a shade of purple. It was fun and different and wouldn't be Christmasy looking all year long if I decided to frame them and put them in the house! :)

Karla December 8, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

ANY pics will do! I used Thanksgiving and Halloween pictures last year. This year I had Christmas pics done. Its all about what YOU want for YOUR cards!

:)

Marci December 8, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

Any cute pic goes! If you have 2 kiddos SMILING, use it :)I also LOVE candids!

I'm glad you made your blog public again, I used to read before it went private. Yay!

Madison Sanders December 8, 2009 at 7:24 PM  

You do not have to have a Christmas photo. Use whatever you want. :) It doesn't have to be like everyone else's...that's just tradition.

Megan R. December 9, 2009 at 10:03 PM  

We had family pics done the beginning of October, so they are NOT Christmas-y. But, we got a great family shot, and some adorable ones of C. I used them for our Christmas card. I usually get several cards a year that don't have Christmas themed pics. I think it's fine!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP