Monday, September 28, 2009

BIG {non pregnancy} News

We're getting a new vehicle!!!


I have been driving the same car since I was sixteen years old {that's 7 years for those of you who do not know my age} It's a wonderful car that I completely love! My grandpa and grandma bought it for me for my 16th birthday. I would never sell it or trade it in because it's meaningful and special to me. My papa died about a year and a half after I got that car, so I will always keep it.

However, it is becoming more difficult to get the kids in and out of that car because it's so tiny and low to the ground. We also have zero room for hauling things. Our stroller barely fits into the trunk. Getting groceries is always a chore because there's no room to fit them!

We've been discussing our options and we've decided to get an SUV. We're not sure what kind yet and I was hoping for some opinions from some of you. We don't have a lot of money to spend though, so it will be a used vehicle.

Last night, we were searching online and found a 2005 Chevrolet Equinox with 55,000 miles for $13,900!! What?! That's cheap. Is there anything wrong with these vehicles? It's not a big SUV by any means, but there is much more room than we have in my car! Also a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 28,000 miles for $15,900.

Now about my car. I said I wouldn't "sell" it per se, but I am going to sell it to my mom. It will still be in my family, so i'm okay with that. Her car is running ragged and she really needs something better so i'm willing to let her pay me payments that she can afford until she can get something of her own. My car was paid off by my grandparents, but her making payments to me will help us tremendously with our new car payment.

That's what all of the BIG News is about! I'm SOOO excited and can't wait to go test drive some things this weekend. Yay!

12 comments:

Bren September 28, 2009 at 11:17 AM  

Well I had a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee (got it new) until about 2 months ago. It was a good SUV, had lots of room etc. It never broke down and I only had to have a few minor things done. We got a new Chevy Equinox which I hear is totally different from the previous versions.

Good luck and Yeah for the new car!!!

JessB September 28, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

What are you driving now? I have had several Jeep Grand Cherokees. They are awesome SUVs. My double stroller fit in the back very well and I always had room for my groceries!

Pam September 28, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

I drove a Chevy Equinox once after I smashed up my car that I was driving and I loved it! I loved it so much, we decided to buy a Chevy when our lease was up. We needed more seats than the Equinox had, so we bought the Chevy Traverse which seats 8! But i say, test drive and check it out! It's a great SUV!

Melissa September 28, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

Im not sure about an equinox but i had a grand cherokee and had to sell it when we had out second child. My sisters honda had more room in the back seat then my jeep did! It was so small!

Brandi September 28, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

How exciting. My sister recently got a new car and I loved helping her look for one. Me and my husband share a car right now but in the next few months we will have to get another one. It will not be anything fancy either it will have to be used but it will be new to us.

Mama Bear September 28, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

wow, that is exciting!!! WE have a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe and we LOVE it. LOVE LOVE it There is so much room that our full grown Great Dane fits very comfortably in the very back and our son's carseat fits very well in the backseat.

Carrie September 28, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

I have a Honda CRV and I love it! Its high up so its easy to get the kids in/out... however I haven't figured out how to put a carseat in the middle, but that is ok as both kids sit on each side... I call it my MINI SUV!

Michele September 28, 2009 at 1:53 PM  

Good luck with the SUV hunting. No help from me as I drive the dreaded minivan. J/k love my minivan, but hope you find what you are looking for.

Mel September 28, 2009 at 3:04 PM  

Have fun car shopping. I think an SUV is nice for 2 kids (I feel cooler somehow in an SUV than in a mini van - no offense to mini van people). We have a Toyota Rav 4. Def. a small SUV, but it gets us a little more cargo room than a car does. .

*Kc* September 28, 2009 at 3:11 PM  

Wow wow wow!! Thanks so much to everyone for all the great advice!! I'm really excited and your info definitely helps. =)

Melodie September 28, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

I have both a Chevy (2005 Uplander) and a Jeep (2008 Patriot), and they are both great vehicles. You can't go wrong if you stick with American. You can probably get a better price than that on the Chevy - I bought mine in May with way less miles on it for a little less money, and it's a fully-loaded minivan.

Molly September 28, 2009 at 11:43 PM  

I have never had either of those cars, but I have a smaller SUV and I think it is a perfect size. My dad has a dealership and loves Chevys.
Exciting to get a new car! Good luck!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP