Monday, October 12, 2009

Meal in a Minute

Last week we skimped on buying groceries. We were trying to save every penny possible and when Thursday rolled around, we were out of ideas for supper. I found a few things in the fridge and threw them together and voila, we had a meal!

I started with ground beef (FREE ground beef, remember me telling you my dad bought it for us?) and diced potatos. Let that brown. Throw in some salt, pepper, cumin,and a little onions.

Then I sauteed Carrots, Brocolli, Cabbage, Garlic, and Onions in about a tsp of Olive Oil. At the same time, I steamed Brussel Sprouts. Set them aside.
On another burner, I cooked about a cup of Quinoa. If you haven't had this, you must try it! It cooks like Rice, but is a better grain in my opinion! I love this stuff!!
Dumped in the sauteed veggies. Stirred.
Then, mixed in the meat, and topped with brussel sprouts. How easy is that?! It was SO good too. C really loved it. {Oh yeah, I mixed a little salsa with ours too. Gave it that extra bite it needed}






3 comments:

Jill October 12, 2009 at 9:38 PM  

Yummo looks great Kaycee, you did well for just using what you have.

Ashlee October 13, 2009 at 6:21 AM  

sounds yummy! minus the meat for this gal :) I love the spider on your stove stop :)

Deanna October 13, 2009 at 8:19 AM  

I love quinoa! And I also love that pumpkin spider thingy!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP