Thursday, October 1, 2009

Our God is an Awesome God!

I've had one of the best days ever today!

I was just saying last night that I was going to be so bored today because I didn't have anything on my calendar. And it did start off that way. I woke up at 6:45am with Care Bear. She usually goes back to sleep after a little while, but it dind't happen today because Miss Priss also woke up. I figured i'd better just get up and get a start on the day. I made MP and I bacon and sausage for breakfast and Care Bear a waffle. I cleaned up the house a bit and then took a shower while Bear was napping. She stayed asleep for a while and gave me time to get ready!

After all of that, I remembered that I needed to mail a few things and return our library books,so we headed to town. On the way I picked up a Mcdonalds Sweet Tea..yum and MP some fries. Then I had something click in my head! A few years ago, C found a tennis bracelet in an elevator shaft where he was working. He turned it in, but noone claimed it, so he got to keep it. It appraised at $2000! Wow..I know! We tried to sell it, but there was no way they were giving us that. I've kept it in my jewlery box for this long and it's just sitting there, so I wanted to take it and see what I could get for it since we're struggling right now. He offered me $535 for it and I took it {oops!} C was a little aggrivated with me because I sold it so cheap. My thinking was that it was basically free money! We didn't buy that bracelet and it wasn't doing us any good sitting there and i've always loved that jewlery store because my family has used them for years. I didn't think he was ripping me off or anything, but I guess I could have tried to ask for more. But, OH WELL! It's over and done and I have $535 in my pocket. Err.. I did.

You see, I wanted the money for Christmas and Birthday presents for the girls. We can cover our bills fine, but I was worried we wouldn't be able to afford ANYthing for them. So, I went to Wal Mart and Target and spent $172 on both girls for Christmas and Care Bear's birthday. I'm done too!! I got SO much stuff because I made a list and budgeted. Actually, I have to get Bear's Anywhere Chair, but I buy the insert from Ebay so that will be cheaper also.

Now we have the rest of the money to pay bills with, buy groceries, or get gas! We are SO incredibly blessed. Everytime i'm in a tough spot in life, God always comes through for our family. I've learned to continue on in faith through any and every difficult situation and He will provide a way!
Examples:
The car my grandma gave me.
My dad came into some unexpected money last week and bought us 150lbs of fresh beef.
A lady in the billing dept at Children's sent me a discount payment plan that we will be coverd 100% on!!! We have a bill for $1200 for Care Bear and were at our witts end trying to figure out how to pay it and now it will be completely covered!
..and now the tennis bracelet. Praise God!!!!

Oh and I found a really awesome tutorial on YouTube teaching me how to cut side swept bangs! YES!

6 comments:

Mama Bear October 1, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

THAT IS SO AWESOME GIRL!! I LOVE unexpected blessings.
Your hair looks so great!!

Janet October 1, 2009 at 7:34 PM  

God is so good!! What a blessing! I have story after story of how He has come through for us during all of our hard times. It is so good to rest in the knowledge that he protects us and helps us.

I love your hair. I sat here staring at the pic and thinking about how beautiful you are and wishing I could feel better about myself. I need a haircut so bad and I was also contemplating doing something like yours. You are soo pretty! Love that you did your bangs yourself!

Carrie October 1, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

Bargain shopping is the best, seriously, I have gotten most of Nathan and Autumn's Christmas gifts for little to nothing or free by doing Swagbucks, following a bargain thread (I got a Leapfrog Tag Reader for under $3-seriously!), blog prizes and House Party! It takes a lot of time but its amazing how much I have gotten for the kids- and I am pretty much done with their Christmas! I also do some survey sites that pay cash like Ipsos... I am so excited for you that you are having such great luck, you deserve it!

Amber October 1, 2009 at 10:17 PM  

Well I guess you did have a darn great day! I sat at home played with my lil man and helped the girls with homework...LOL

Brandi October 2, 2009 at 2:55 PM  

Very true God is GOOD! Your bangs look great.

House of Blues October 2, 2009 at 8:06 PM  

same here, whenever we feel like we wont make it (which is alot of the time) things ALWAYS work out. I LOVE YOUR BANGS!!! I wish I could do mine like that!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP