Sunday, November 29, 2009

Catching Up - Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!!
I'm a few days late, but that's to be expected when you've had as much on the agenda as we have. I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend with your family. We did! It was much less stressful this year and that is always a bonus.
Our first stop was at my dad and step mom's house. Her family and our family was there. It went off without a hitch. A great time was had by everyone! It used to be a bit awkward, but this year everyone seemed to get along and have fun. We had tons of food! Much to my surprise, a lot of it was Gluten Free. Woopie!! That's all I needed was another excuse to eat. I feel it today, believe me..right in the hip area.
The girls frolicked, played, and ran around. They fed the ponies carrots and the ducks bread. They played chase and swung in the porch swing.
They also looked like little dolls. Everyone agreed with me. My step mom's family couldn't beleive how precious their outfits were. Any old blog readers recognize Care bear's outfit? It's a recycled Miss Priss getup. She wore it exactly two Thanksgivings ago in 2007. I wish I could find the picture, but sicne my desktop crashed I lost all of them. Boo! "Rocka Rock" that's what Care Bear says.. she loves to swing.
MIss Priss didn't want to sit still long enough for a picture. She was all over the place!
CB watching the ducks very intently. She loves ducks. Anytime she comes upon one she exclaims "Quack.Quack!!"
After the first part of our day and my dad's , we went to my inlaws. It was just C's immediate family there so it wasn't nearly as eventful. MIL cooked though and we ate .. again! Stuffed much? Yes, we were. The girls were awake all day with no naps. You better believe they conked out in the car on the way home.
*************************************************************************
Black Friday recap.
I'm one of the Black Friday crazies. I am proud of it too! I love me some Black Friday sales!! I understand if you don't need the things that are on sale , you don't save any money, but if you do need something{like a Tom Tom} then you will save a generous amount of money. And I did. ;)

I left the house at 5am. My first stop was Wal Mart. The parking lot was reDONKulous. I went it and walked right back out. There was nothing there that I absoloutley needed, so I didn't want to fight for nothing. I headed to Target, Kohls, and Old Navy {they are in the same strip mall..thank goodness!} I rushed to the electronics at Target around 5:25am and stood in line for about 35 mins..which wasn't bad at all! They were almost out of the TomToms on the floor, but thankfully I got one of the last three. Score! C is going to be so happy. =) I didn't buy anything else there, but I did find some awesome deals on clothes for the girls at Old Navy and a pair of $15 jeans for me. Although, the 1 hour wait in line almost made it unworthhy.

I went home after that. C and I took the girls to my inlaws and we headed back to Kohls. We found more great deals on clothes for both girls and their Christmas dresses and PJs! Woo Hoo!!! I'm so excited for our Christmas pics this year. We normally go to Sears, but I think we will go out ona limb and try the new Portrait Innovations Studio {just in to Arkansas} this year.Wanna peek at their dresses?! {Don't mind MP's headband..she will have a pretty and prissy Bow!}
Like Care Bear's Red Mary Janes? I got them at PBK on clearance! They were regular $48.00 and I got them for $12.99!!

Saturday and today{Sunday} we've been working on our Christmas decor. We have an upstairs tree that we do every year. It is white with blue decor in our living room. All of that is finished. Every year, I do less and less because I don't like the clean up after Christmas. Man, i'm a bummer. Just a touch of decor still gets the job done. I'll post pics of that later. This post thas gotten really long.

13 comments:

Stephanie November 29, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving for your family. LOVE the family picture!

Janet November 29, 2009 at 4:07 PM  

Oh it sounds absolutely wonderful! I'm glad y'all had a great holiday. The girls look absolutely darling! I LOVE the outfits!!! Especially, CB's boots. Super cute!

I love Black Friday too, and agree that you can get some great deals. Sounds like you did a good job. The dresses are super adorable too. I love Dillard's after Christmas sales stuff. I went last year and got the kid's a ton of CHEAP stuff for Christmas this year! Thankfully I got the perfect sizes. Sometimes it's hard to guess. Fun!

Shannon November 29, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

Hey!!!!!! I have missed reading your blog so much! I love seeing what Care Bear is up to since her and my girl are the same age.Glad to see you guys are doing well!

Nichole November 29, 2009 at 6:11 PM  

Yay for BF deals!!! For future reference (and BF shopping), All Gap Inc brands (Banana, Gap, and Old Navy) start their sales on Tuesday before BF - as in, whatever deal you can get on Friday, is the same deal you could have gotten three days earlier without the hassle!

The Undomestic Mom November 29, 2009 at 6:19 PM  

So cute! Your girls are always so stylish!

Carrie November 29, 2009 at 8:00 PM  

I love the girls boots, especially CB's! And oooh those red mary jane's are awesome, I would have loved a pair like that to go with Autumn's dress! That is a good deal!

Molly November 29, 2009 at 11:16 PM  

I'm pretty much ready to have a baby girl just so she can wear CB's boots! Those are freakin adorable!

Kelly November 30, 2009 at 8:13 AM  

Love the family picture! The girls look adorable! Glad you had a successful shopping trip!

Tara Anderson November 30, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

Sounds like a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving! Whoo hoo for GLUTEN FREE! Wish we would have had some of that food over at our place...I'm pretty sure my hips are much bigger than yours after this weekend! ;)

Katy December 1, 2009 at 3:46 AM  

Beautiful Pictures!
I did try to buy those 15 dollar old navy jeans online. No luck lol. Guess this mommy is either gonna have to go w/out flirt jeans.
xo

Ashlee December 1, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

your family is gorgeous! you are very blessed! I'm glad that you had such a blast on thanksgiving and scored some great deals on black friday! :)

House of Blues December 1, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

LOOOVe the pics!! OMG too cute3!! You look FABULOUS!!!!!!
Hey, strangest thing....om my blog list now there are a ton of your old posts from life as a mom at 21, like from summer!!!! i dont know why, I think it was from when your blog was private???? I dunno, but anyway, I enjoyed catching up, and whever that mean girl was, she was WRONG you are adorable, and we love your recipes and pics!! LOL dont know why all that is showing up as new, but it was cool to see the pics I never got to see!!! anyway, glad you all had a great thanksgiving!!

Anonymous,  December 2, 2009 at 11:09 PM  

You have such a cute little family! I LOVE CB's coat. Why oh why can't I have a little girl?!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP