Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It.Never.Fails

I'm having a stressful day today, but I can sit down and laugh about it now.

Last night{around 3am actually}, I took some cold medicine and it knocked me out! My body doesn't handle meds very well. I did get up this morning and go about my regular activities, but around 9am when CB went down for a nap, I napped too. I'm not a napper, but my eyes would not stay open. It felt good to sleep and the meds wore off, but I felt like I let half the day slip away without getting anything done. I woke up angry at the world, when really I was upset with myself. I tried to hurry and get ready, get the girls ready and get out of the house because i had some errands to run.

The girls were being crazy whiney! I mean both of them wailing at the same time for thirty minutes. AHHH!! I got all of us ready and left the house, in a heaping mess. We got all of our running done and came home. CB was sleepy, so I took her upstairs to rock her and she fought me, with everything in her, she fought me good! Miss Priss shows up at the doorway, whispering, "I need you wipe my booty" So I have to get up wipe her booty, then go back to start the rocking process all over. Ugh. Then Miss Priss shows up again whispering "I come in there, I be quiet, Care Bear go to sleep, and you come put my movie in." I tell her "No ma'am, you wait just a minute and she'll be asleep" She continues to show up at the door.

Thirty five minutes later, Care Bear is finally asleep. I went in and talked to Miss Priss, helped her with everything she needed and then tried to start cleaning the house. Nope. Not happening. Miss Priss wants juice and a different movie because she doesn't like that one. Then she wants a snack. Arghh. I can never get anything done around here. I gave myself a little break just to sit down and eat a bite. It never fails that when I try to do something or rock CB, something always comes up. So is motherhood right?

On a good note, the city Christmas parade is tonight! Yay, that'll be fun, even though it's 54 degrees out right now.

6 comments:

Mel December 1, 2009 at 2:44 PM  

I am right there with you with the whiny kiddos. I know they are sick, but I'm surprised I did not pull my hair out. They are both napping right now YAY!

Katy December 1, 2009 at 4:27 PM  

Oh yikes, can't wait for these days! Hang in there girly!

Carrie December 1, 2009 at 8:48 PM  

Kaycee, I feel your pain and I have been right there with you. 3.5 year olds can be so demanding at times... and, its so hard to get the youngest down for a nap when they keep asking for things. yep, I've been there. When do they learn to wipe their own bums?!!!

House of Blues December 1, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

Oh my gosh, you just described my EXACT day,,,no lie, konnor does the EXACT same things, from the booty to the movie to the snack, LOL

Christine December 2, 2009 at 12:41 AM  

That sounds like the 30-45 minutes after my kids are suppose to be in bed. They're hungry, they're thirsty. Ugh! It's like... hello??? You just spent an hour doing something that really didn't matter.... why weren't you hungry or thirsty then? I've been Miss Grouch today and I'm sure tomorrow won't be any better. I hope your day goes better.

Molly December 2, 2009 at 1:00 AM  

Those days are just terrible. Always the days you think you are going to get alot done, too. Don't worry, girl, tomorrow is a new day!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP