Thursday, November 5, 2009

Random Thoughts for Thursday

It is 65 degrees outside today. Yeah, I said it. 65 and sunshine!! Gorgeous weather. Amazing weather. FALL weather. Yeesh, have I been waiting for this. I love it. My automatic response is to shop {oops!} I don't, but my inner frugalist and saavy Christmas shopper nags at me all throughout the day, so I just go an look in the stores. I'm pretty good at looking and not buying. I've gotten better since having Care Bear. When Miss Priss was a baby, I couldn't say no to all things cute for baby. Now though, only a few things slip into my buggy. It is impulse, what can I say? At least most of them come of the $1 or sale rack. I most always buy things on sale, nothing ever comes from the full price rack. So that's a plus for me, right? I know I need to quit griping about not having money when I have a serious shopping problem. What's money good for if you can't spend it though? I mean, our bills are being paid, kids are fed, happy, clothed and have a roof over their head and we have our family. That means the most to me. =)

Changing gears.. Miss Priss spent the night with my grandma last night. It's the first time she has EVER spent the night away during the week. She's 3.5 years old and it's the first time. I was so lost. It felt extremely awkward and eery for her not to be there in the bed digging her little feet into my side all night long. When I went to pick her up this morning, she was beaming. They had the best time and she didn't cry to come home even once. Go Miss Priss and go mom for not having a meltdown without her!!

On to PrissyMiss Boutique news. I've discountinued PiggySets and Layered Bows; however, the PiggySets are now on sale while products last. I will be adding a category soon.. Stacked Bows. Since our Beanies have done so well selling individually, i will now add Flower Clips for sale individually through Christmas. I'm also reopening an Etsy shop for my bigger Bows {Carrah Bows, Fancy Boutique, and Novelty} I had originally planned to open November 1st, but I wasn't ready. It will now open on Nov 10th and for the grand opening, every order placed on that day will receive a FREE set of Christmas Red and Green Hair Clips. Oh, I also made a newborn tutu for a local woman. It's so stinkin' cute. I'll show pictures soon.

Me and Miss Priss have been playing board games lately and she loves them. Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders are the games of choice at the moment. You know, they really are fun. I enjoy playing them with her.

Hmm..I think that about covers it. Watching One Life to Live now. Girls are napping. Target runs always wear them out..score!

Oh wait, one more thing. Why can't I and wear do I find a can of Pumpkin?!! Last year it lined the middle isles at Wal Mart and now I can't find it ANYwhere!

7 comments:

Anonymous,  November 5, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

Hubby is a disrict manager for Kroger, and says there is a "great pumpkin shortage"! Who would of thought huh?

Mel November 5, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

No pumpkin on the baking aisle? Usually right there with other canned pie fillings. Pumpkin shortage? Who knew!

Deborah November 5, 2009 at 3:19 PM  

Hmmm...I wondered when they were out the other day at Target. Maybe I'll have to gut the one's in the front yard after all :)

Jessica November 5, 2009 at 6:55 PM  

I found some at Kroger! Fixing to make some Pumpkin Cookies :)

Megan R. November 6, 2009 at 7:17 PM  

Yeah, apparently the pumpkin crops didn't grow well this year, and it's about impossible to find it. Weird!

Deborah November 6, 2009 at 9:24 PM  

Kaycee, I saw big cans of pumpkin at HEB today and thought of you. I didn't buy any because my MIL is buying our dinner from Luby's this year and it's included. Hopefully the pecans aren't scarce this year as I've made my mother's pecan pie every year since she died. Pecans are high enough when they isn't a shortage!

Carrie November 7, 2009 at 9:13 PM  

Pumpkin is by the pie filling in the bakery aisle during the off season. I may be ordering some bows again soon!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP