Friday, November 6, 2009

To Me, November Means Thankful

Sometimes, I tend to get wrapped up in our wants {and needs too} and forget to mention the things i'm {so very} thankful for! I've never been one to think my life was great because i've been through a lot, however, recentley i've begun to realize that my life is great. It isn't the worldly things that makes life great like I used to imagine, but rather the people and blessings in life. I know this is sort of a deep post for me, but I feel that God has blessed me in more ways than I am worthy and the least I can do is spread the word about Him.

I'm thankful for so many things in my life, but I will only name a few today.

Obviously, my family. They are my WORLD. I can't imagine where i'd be today without them. Probably.. well I honestly don't know and i'm glad I didn't have to. I do have them and that's what is important. I found a wonderful guy, whom I married, bought a house, and built a life with. My girls are so much more than my children, they are my heart. They are what I wake up for every morning. I.Love.My.Family.More.Than.Words! Thankful.

C came home from work tonight and immediately{after eating supper} x started working on our 1/2 bathroom. We had to gut it a while back and are just now getting to redoing it. We decided that we would finish it this weekend, so we could put our house up for sale. He was a trooper. The only Kilz we had was oil based and he stayed in there painting with the door closed so the girls wouldn't smell the fumes! He almost passed out before he took a breather outside, but he got it done. Thankful.

A few days ago, I received a letter in the mail from Arkansas Children's Hospital. We have many many bills due to them and I sighed as I opened it as I just knew it was going to be that $1134 bill staring me in the face. Much to my disbelief, it wasn't. We had applied to a program that ACH generously offers to help with bills and we were approved..100%!!! All of Bear's outstanding bills will be covered as well as bills that we may have in the next 6 months. This is completely of God yall. I have been struggling for the longest time trying to figure out how we can pay this bills. Finally, I just quit stressing and gave it to God in prayer. Not long at all after that, I got this letter in the mail. Thankful.

Speaking of Care Bear's bills and Children's Hospital and all that jazz, we are doing well with the patching of her eyes. She doesn't mind the patches and actually sits still while I put them on. She'll wear them for over an hour and never bother them until she is tired. She amazes me every day. To think that a year ago this time, I thought my baby was blind. I was angry all the time because she wouldn't look at me and her eye movements confused me, but now she is the most fearless and happy child I know. Thankful.

It's the Holiday season and my family is healthy. I will be drinking yummy coffee while shopping this season's sales. I will see my realitives. I will watch my girls giant smiles on their faces when they see their new gifts. I will say a prayer for all of the children who wont have as wonderful a holiday season as us. And most importantly, I will thank God for making this Christmas verse possible. I John 4:9 "In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent His only begotten Son into this world, that we might live through Him."and I John 4:10 "Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins." {So incredibly} Thankful.

4 comments:

Leah November 7, 2009 at 7:14 AM  

God is so good!! What a blessing to have the bills wiped clean and have that huge burden lifted from your shoulders!! I was thinking the same thing last night in bed about how easy it is to take things for granted and prayed and thank the Lord for so many blessings in my life and how great life is!

House of Blues November 7, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

I have tears in my eyes. I feel the exact same way, and your post was beautiful! Thank you for giving God the glory!

Steph November 8, 2009 at 11:24 AM  

That is wonderful about CB's hospital bills. I know how they can pile up. I have one staring at me right now from my last MRI in Massachusetts.

Kayci November 9, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

WOW KC! I was teary through the whole post! And I wanted to say...what a blessing about CB's Dr bills!!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP