Sunday, November 8, 2009

That's What I Love About Sunday

I woke up late this morning. My first thought was "OH! I've got to get ready for church." But then I got distracted and let a few things get in the way. But, I did manage to tear my mind away from those "other" things and get my hiney ready. We were a few minutes late, but we made it!

I enjoyed today's sermon, much like every other Sunday. Our preacher is awesome! The girls went to Sunday school. Miss Priss loves it and asks to go back all week long. Care Bear though is not used to being away from us or other family, so she has a rough go of it. She managed to stay in there though, so I think she is getting better.

After church, we decided to go the park to take advantage of the beautiful fall weather and snap pics of the girls . I feel that it was a success. We got a few good shots {read..potential Christmas card photos!!!}

Miss Priss is so.very.photogenic!! I can take a picture of this girl covered in mud and messy hair and she still looks gorgeous in photos. It's just comes natural to her.
{Let me know if you think I over edited these pictures. I just changed the Contrast and Color Temp}

As most of you know with two or more children, they are exact opposites. Care Bear is not.so.easily.photographed. It isn't completely her fault. Her Albinism plays a big part as she cannot open her eyes all the way in bright sunlight and her nystagmus makes it difficult for her to look directly at me for long periods of times. Oh and the transition lenses in the glasses are so darn dark outside! Plus, she is one year old and loves to explore!!
Once again, model much?! I can just see her at age 16 posing for pictures like this with her friends. =) I know because, this was me at one time. I was the same exact way.
Another almost impossible task. Getting a decent picture of your kiddos together. Yeah, it's not going to happen. You just gotta live with it.
Care Bear has learned a new thing. She now loves to "Call the Hogs" If you aren't from Arkansas, you may not know what that means. But if you are, say it with me "WOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIEEE!! RAZORBACKS. Go HOGS!!!!" Mm hmm, my one year old can do that and does quite frequentley and it's stinkin.hilarious!
These black shoes {from Wal Mart} and I are not getting along. They fall off of ONE foot only. Every time she tries to take a step in them, they will just fall off. The sizes are the same, maybe she just has a wonky foot..or maybe their cheaply made. {I'm going to go with the latter}
What was that about never getting a decent picture of your kiddos together? I take that back. This is pretty sweet. I sorta love it.
This one isn't bad either. {yes we did let her walk around the park with no shoes. We got tired of putting them back on, only to watch them fall off .2 seconds later.}
Did I say she was absoloutley gorgeous and oh.so.photogenic? Oh right, I did.
See, I think I over edited this picture. It was so dark and dull looking. Now it's bright and perky, but a little to bright maybe? Either way, she's such a happy girl and I love this picture. It shows her essence completely.
This is how most of the day went. She ran away from us no matter where we went.
At home, later in the evening, I tried again with a more subtle light for Care Bear's eyes. {Oh and she modeled a new hairdo and shoes! Way.to.cute for her own good right?}
This might have been a keeper if that darn paci wasn't in the shot! Girl loves her paci..no doubt!
Really? REALLY?? She waited all day, up until the last shot to give me this angelic, amazing picture? Of course she did, that's how she rolls. Make mommy stress all day then BAM. Perfection.

Love my girls so much. We had a fabulous day together. Oh and daddy had a good time too. He was the wrangler. hehe! He also finished the 1/2 bathroom this weekend. Go hubs!! I'll post pictures soon.

If you're wondering about the girls dresses{that's always what i want to know when I read a blog}, they're from Target! Of course, where else{besides Old Navy}..I loveeee me some Target! The one that MP is wearing was on sale for $6!

This is what I love about {this}Sunday!!

15 comments:

Janet November 9, 2009 at 12:28 AM  

Awww, so good to see cute pics of the girls! They are absolutely adorable!!! I loved your commentary too! :o) I definitely think you should print and frame some of those pics. Your girls are so beautiful! I agree that Care Bear's hair is precious in her new hair-do and MP is very photogenic!

Jill November 9, 2009 at 3:32 AM  

I love these photos just gorgeous. I love coordinating ,my girls too.

Cori November 9, 2009 at 6:27 AM  

ha ha i always know where your girls dresses come from because i 9 times out of 10 have the same dress for Kirsten. ha ha. the one MP is wearing, is one that Kirsten has. ha ha. :)

I guess great minds think a like.

btw-i nominated you for a blog award a couple posts ago.

Tara Anderson November 9, 2009 at 6:54 AM  

The pictures are great!!! I know how hard it can be to get all your kids looking in the same direction...the last decent family picture we took was over 3 years ago! BTW...Your girls are just TOO precious!!!!

LauraC November 9, 2009 at 7:41 AM  

Hey Kaycee, love the pics. If you want, send your faves to me and I can see if I can work on editing them a little? I'm trying to practice on other people's pics as well as my own.

Shirlee McCoy November 9, 2009 at 8:23 AM  

Both your girls are beautiful!

Reading this post really made me smile, because I have the same problem with my two girls (though I am not the photographer you are). My oldest daughter is unbelievably photogenic, and my cheeky girl is NOT. She is a stunning little girl, but capturing that with the camera is difficult. I think, as you've mentioned, albinism plays a role in that. Cheeky will often have her face scrunched up because of the light, so it is hard to get her relaxed and beautiful.

Anyway, I just thought I'd visit to see your beautiful little blonde.

Lindsay November 9, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

There is no doubt that MP is totally gorgeous! And so is CB! Glad you got that cutie picture of her near the end. And love the piggies!

Kayci November 9, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

KC...they are so stinkin' cute!! Oh and I was going to ask where you got the dresses...ADORABLE!

Kelly November 9, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

I love Sundays too, but it also means Monday is the next day! lol!
Adorable pictures, the girls are so cute!

Mama Bear November 9, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

i think the top one of MP is perfect! such cute girls!!!

Carrie November 9, 2009 at 12:04 PM  

Adorable dresses and I love the last photo of carebear! She is adorable! And I LOVE the first picture of Cami!!!

Marci @All Things Wonderful November 9, 2009 at 3:19 PM  

Aww, I love these photos! And the dresses...ADORABLE. Very sweet. I love that she is calling the HOGS. Yay for a win on Saturday! :)

Molly November 9, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

They are freakin cute!
I love that song, too. :)

Paige November 10, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

I LOVE these pictures! They are so adorable! I love all of the poses and cute dresses. So cute that she knows how to call them hogs now to =)

*Kc* November 10, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

Thank you SOOOO much everyone. I'm very happy with how the pictures turned out. I hope tom ake this a weekly post on Sundays. Maybe I will be solucky to get good pics like this every week.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP