Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Reason for the Season

I've fallen into the money trap of Christmas. It happens every year and every year I say i'm not going to do it again the next. But I do. This year has been no different, until now, that is.

We spent money here and there trying to get the kids so many things to unwrap, but guess what happened? We ran out of money! Remember I said that about my dad's gift? I wasn't lying. We literally were at a $0 balance. I prayed about it hard. I didn't let myself stress or get bent out of shape. That's what I normally would have done, but this time I put it all on God. I knew I couldn't do it myself. C and I have not been this broke ..ever. It's hard, but you know what? We are able to pay our bills and we have a home and food and that is all that matters at the end of the day. Presents are a bonus, not a necessity.

Well, God came through for us in a very unexpected way. I got a letter in the mail with no return label that said MERRY CHRISTMAS! and had a $100 bill. I opened it and started shaking and had tears running down my face. I don't know who it was from, but whoever you are, i'm eternally grateful. I haven't had anyone do anything so generous for my family in a very long time. Praise be to GOD! I'm so so thankful. I just cannot express it enough. This week was tough already because C was short almost an entire day so this money will buy our groceries for the week. YAY!

Point of my post. Let's remember the reason for the season. If everyone could do something generous for someone else, the world be a much happier place to be. Merry Christmas everyone. Happy Birthday to Jesus Christ!!!

6 comments:

Jaimie December 24, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

This makes me so happy to know that there are people in the world generous enough to help when we need it most.

Janet December 24, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

Amen! That is so awesome! Praise God for his goodness and for using people in our lives!

Lindsay December 25, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

GREAT! Thanks for sharing the story!

Carrie December 25, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

It is wonderful to know there are such generous people out there in the world, especially at this time when money is so tight! So happy for you and what a nice surprise!!!! Merry Christmas!

Madison Sanders December 25, 2009 at 10:28 PM  

God has blessed my family in unexpected ways over the years too.

That's wonderful! God always said that He would take care of us, but sometimes we let our head get in the way of things.

Paige December 26, 2009 at 12:26 AM  

This is such a wonderful post!! I am so happy that things turned out so wonderfully for you all!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP